You are accessing a U.S. Government (USG) Information System (IS) that is provided for USG-authorized use only. By using this IS (which includes any device attached to this IS), you consent to the following conditions:
- The USG routinely intercepts and monitors communications on this IS for purposes including, but not limited to, penetration testing, COMSEC monitoring, network operations and defense, personnel misconduct (PM), law enforcement (LE), and counterintelligence (CI) investigations.
- At any time, the USG may inspect and seize data stored on this IS.
- Communications using, or data stored on, this IS are not private, are subject to routine monitoring, interception, and search, and may be disclosed or used for any USG-authorized purpose.
- This IS includes security measures (e.g., authentication and access controls) to protect USG interests--not for your personal benefit or privacy.
- Notwithstanding the above, using this IS does not constitute consent to PM, LE or CI investigative searching or monitoring of the content of privileged communications, or work product, related to personal representation or services by attorneys, psychotherapists, or clergy, and their assistants. Such communications and work product are private and confidential. See User Agreement for details.
DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
This web site and the information it contains is
provided as a public service by the U.S. Coast Guard. This system is monitored
to ensure proper operation, to verify the functioning of applicable security
features, and for other like purposes. Anyone using this system expressly
consents to such monitoring. Unauthorized attempts to modify any information
stored on this system, to defeat or circumvent security features, or to utilize
this system for other than its intended purposes are prohibited and may result
in criminal prosecution.
The U.S. Coast Guard make no claims, promises or
guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this
web site and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the
contents of this web site. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed or
statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of
third party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and
freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this web
site or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources. Reference in this web site
to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any
trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the
public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the
U.S. Coast Guard.
Information presented on this web
site is considered public information and may be distributed or copied. However,
all information submitted to the U.S. Coast Guard via this site shall be deemed
and remain the property of the U.S. Coast Guard, except those submissions made
under separate legal contract. The U.S. Coast Guard shall be free to use, for
any purpose, any ideas, concepts, or techniques contained in information
provided to the U.S. Coast Guard through this site.
We collect no personal information about you when
you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us.
However, we collect and store certain information automatically. Here is how we
handle information about your visit to our website.
What We Collect and Store Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse
through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and
store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does
not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the
following information about your visit:
We use the information we collect to count the
number and type of visitors to the different pages on our site, and to help us
make our site more useful to visitors like you.
- The Internet domain (for example, "xcompany.com" if
you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect
from a university's domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is
automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from
which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to
access our site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and
- If you linked to our website from another website,
the address of that website.
If You Send Us E-mail
You may choose to provide us with personal
information, as in e-mail with a comment or question. We use the information to
improve our service to you or to respond to your request. Sometimes we forward
your e-mail to other government employees who may be better able to help you.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, we do not share our e-mail
with any other outside organizations.
Links to Other Sites
Our website has links to other federal agencies. In
a few cases we link to private organizations. When you link to another site, you
INTERNET LINK POLICY
Links from non-Coast Guard web sites to official
U.S. Coast Guard web sites
Information presented on this web site is
considered public information and may be distributed, copied or linked to from
non-Coast Guard web sites. However, the contents of this web site may not be
used for commercial purposes or to imply endorsement by the U.S. Coast Guard of
products or services. For further information contact the Public Affairs Staff.
Logos and graphics (excepting the seal) may be used
on non-Coast Guard web sites as graphic buttons that link back to the official
Coast Guard web site. Coast Guard logos and graphics may not be used to create a
non-official web site that gives the appearance and general look and feel of the
official web site.
Links from U.S. Coast Guard web sites to
non-Coast Guard web sites
Links from official Coast Guard web sites to
external web sites are decided on an individual case basis by the Coast Guard
office having responsibility for the web site making the link. Decisions to link
to external sites are made after assessing relevance to the office mission and
maintenance factors. Links to external sites may not be used to endorse a
particular non-Governmental product or service or provide preferential