Frequently Asked Questions

The following questions have been forwarded to NVMC by members of the international maritime community. For each question, an answer we believe to be accurate is provided. If you have any further questions please use the Contact Us page for further inquiries.

FAQ Categories Index
NOAD SubmissionseNOADTime RequirementsCustoms and Border Protection (CBP) RequirementsCargo RequirementsCrew and Non-Crew/Passenger RequirementsHazardous Conditions/Non-Operating Equipment RequirementsBallast Water ReportingOuter Continental Shelf (OCS) RequirementsNotice TrackingNon-Commercial VesselsPort ClearanceDeparturesForm Entry QuestionsDefinitionsBarge NOAD RequirementsPublic VesselsLow Sulphur Fuel Oil Non-AvailabilityQuestionsVRP/NTVRP Reporting[ ALL ]

Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Requirements

  • In §160.206(c) of 33 CFR Part 160, it states that I may submit a copy of INS Form I-418 to meet the requirements of entries (4) and (5) in Table 160.206 pertaining to crewmembers onboard and persons onboard in addition to crew. There is no place on INS Form I-418 for place embarked; do I still need to provide this information on a separate form?
  • Yes, the embark information is still required.  Embark information can be entered on the NOAD form and needs to be entered for each person listed in the crew and non-crew/passenger tabs.

  • Which submission formats meet the electronic reporting requirements of both USCG and USCBP?
  • Submissions received through the electronic Notice of Arrival/Departure (eNOAD) web format or via the NVMC WorkBook fulfill those requirements.  Version 6.3.0 of the NVMC InfoPath template also meets both requirements, but it should be noted that the NVMC InfoPath template support is slated for future retirement.  Also, many third party applications based on the eNOAD XML schema meet those requirements. A user may also build a system based on the eNOAD XML schema to generate notices for electronic submission. Schema requirements and tools may be found under the Developer Resources tab of the NVMC website.

  • Who is required to submit an eNOD?
  • Commercial vessels leaving a U.S. port to go to a foreign port or place (including lightering areas or zones and places on the OCS) are required to file an eNOD.

          Disclaimer    Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Get Software      Links     
    NVMC (Build 3) - Released 18 Feb 2021 - Please have your desktop resolution set to 1024x768 or higher.